Emergency & Other Useful Numbers
The contact names and numbers given below are provided in good faith as a community service. While every effort is made to ensure that the information is correct, Magical Hogsback Online or its Webmaster cannot accept responsibility for changes and/or the unavailability of people listed.
Police and Hogsback Community Policing Forum
The SAPS Office is situated in Main Road, near the entrance to Hogsback, between Swallowtail Country Estate and King's Lodge Hotel.
- 045 962 1030 / 045 962 1080 Hogsback Police Station
- 082 493 6929 Mike Mullins (Hogsback CPF)
- 10 111 Nationwide Emergency Response
- 10 111 Nationwide Ambulance Response
- 112 Nationwide Emergency (Free from any cell-phone)
There is currently no medical doctor in Hogsback.
Mountain Rescue and First-Aid Emergencies:
As part of its community outreach, Hobbiton offers a Mountain Rescue Service and First-Aid Emergency Service to all who walk, run, cycle, climb, etc in the Hogsback Area.
- 045 962 1193 Hobbiton Land Line (Office hours)
- 084 840 0617 Tonya Serfontein-Burton
- 076 353 2284 Nel Serfontein-Burton
- 072 816 8689 Alicia Williams
Fire - Hogsback Village and Surrounding Pine Plantations:
Fire related emergencies are dealt with by the Greater Stutterheim Fire Protection Association (GSFPA) and Amathole Forestry Company (AFC). The latter is a private company that operates the pine plantations around Hogsback.
- 073 288 5970 Chris Everton (AFC)
- 078 848 9652 Lukhanyo Mabongo (AFC)
- 084 774 2542 Craig Els (GSFPA)
The Hogsback Post Office Agency is situated in the FoodZone Supermarket, Main Road.
- Hours of operation: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 09h00 - 16h00
- Telephone: 045 962 1176 (ask for Post Office)
- Name and Postal code: Hogsback 5721
Hogsback Information Centre:
045 962 1245 Hogsback Information Centre is situated in Main Road, Hogsback