Amathole Horse Trails
Take a ride on the paths less travelled through the beautiful Amathole mountains and Hogsback forests
Offering a range of tailor made, memorable and alternate horse rides for both the experienced and first-time rider. Choose an easy or more challenging trail through our beautiful countryside, forests, mountains or the quaint village of Hogsback.
We practise natural horsemanship and believe in forming trusting partnerships and with our friendly well-trained, easy to ride horses.
Enjoy a ride during the day, at sunrise, sunset or under the full moon. Our rides may incorporate a picnic on the mountain, a swim with the horses in a local dam or breakfast/lunch at one of our fine restaurants in the village of Hogsback – every ride is personalised to indulge you.
We have full public liability insurance and offer helmets for riders.
Amathole Horse Trail Rates
- 1.5 hours @ R300pp
- 2.5 hours @ R420pp
- Half Day @ R850pp
- Full Day @ R1 150pp (Inclusive of Lunch)
- Camping Under the Stars Overnight Trail - R1 350 per person (Approx 30km)
- Overnight Trail to Elundini Backpackers - R1 450 per person (Approx 45km)
- Luxury Overnight Trail to Grasslands Farm - R1 900 per person (Approx 30km)
- 5 DAY / 4 NIGHT TRAIL - R4 950 PER PERSON (APPROX 85KM)
Prices exclude meals or any other extras, unless otherwise stated.
OVERNIGHT TRAILS – FULL MOON RIDES – SWIM, PICNIC OR
DINE WITH THE HORSES
A SENSE OF LIVING GUARANTEED!
All rides are dependent on weather conditions & forecasts.